Saturday, February 6, 2010

"Be Part of the Solution"

I have prayed many prayers in my life. Prayers for forgiveness, thankfulness, strength,compassion and countless other things. When I first heard of the earthquake in Haiti I prayed several prayers. Comfort, healing, leadership and others. I also prayed for a chance to help. I was given that chance.

While in Haiti I had the opportunity to assist many people. I prayed many times while there: make my hand steady, my decisions correct.

Since returning to reality I have gone back to my orthopedic practice. I've continued to pray; for skill, compassion, patience and others.

Looking back on my life I realize that as long as I can remember I've been praying. All sorts of prayers. When I think about the type of prayers that I pray I realize that most of the time I pray for the same thing. I pray to be able to heal; to be a good father to my children; to be the best husband I can be; to help people; to do the best that I can. I pray to be part of the SOLUTION. That's what I ask for; All I want is to be part of the solution. We all should......

No comments:

Post a Comment